Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

10 to 9

Alllrighteeee then! Time to catch up on the doings at PBC’s How to Study with the Greek NT Class.

Okay, first thing to note is that Lesson 8 was posted last week, but I neglected to tell anyone—not that I need to, of course, because everyone checks this site daily just in case they miss something wonderful. I also haven’t converted the notes to PDF, so they haven’t been emailed to anyone either. I know, I know, slack as! I promise I'll send them tomorrow.

Secondly, yesterday we ran Lesson 10, the final Lesson of the course. It went great! An…what? We what? We didn’t do Lesson 9 yet? Really? Oh….

…actually, I knew that. What’s happened is this: Two weeks ago, at the end of L8, I announced that the next lesson was going to be a fun-filled extravaganza of merriment, jocularity and the Hebrew alphabet! Needless to say, everyone was ecstatic. They could barely believe it.

“The Hebrew alphabet?!? Oh joy!!!” they cried, “That’s unbelievable! How will we ever manage to wait 7 long days? OMG!”

But then Colleen mentioned, in a quiet, disappointed voice, that she wouldn’t be able to make it. The room went deathly quiet. Tears formed; throats choked. I had to think of something fast or the entire class would’ve been awash in despair.

“Not to worry,” I began, “I have a cunning plan. We’ll have Lesson 10 next week and Lesson 9 the week after that!”

The roar of delight brought the roof down. The day was saved.

And that, more or less, is how we ended up doing L10 yesterday and will be doing L9 next Sunday.

But not to worry, I won’t post L10 until after I post L9. That would just be too weird…


God Bless,
Ἰακωβος

No comments:

Post a Comment